In today’s economic outsourcing and commissioning world, effective working with suppliers has never been more critical to overall performance.
Rarely however do businesses invest in adequate technologies to assess and manage supplier performance proactively.
InPhase supports the entire supplier management process:
- Design the agreement:
- Interactively build the structure of all Agreements showing objectives, projects and initiatives alongside owners, risks and costs
- Modelling can include aggregated SLA’s and Projects including statistical calculations of the agreement costs and/or penalties
- Built in compliance at each level.
- Build in from day one contingency planning, corrective actions and gap analysis
- On going reporting against the SLA model is completely flexible and using pre-configured and new custom reports designed by you:
- Real time collaboration with the suppliers on line linked to each contract
- Are the contractual targets and triggers being met
- Exception reporting against good and poor performance (including an understanding of both cause of poor performance and the effect this has)
- Remedial action modelling, and subsequent impact over time
- Where have contingency plans been activated
- Compliance with regulations and standards
- Automated Performance Alerts notifying of performance breech
- Automated next day data or immediate access to data from operational systems provides real time reporting if desired
- Making an improvement: In year changes can be made to the SLA if desired to accommodate a different strategic direction or tactical shift to achieve a better result. Time handling ensures you can see these different approaches throughout the year.
Typical Business Benefits
Regardless of contract size, InPhase enables you to track and monitor the impact of their operational delivery on your overall outcomes. Whether this is Public Sector Commissioning, commercially managed service suppliers or large scale commercial projects InPhase will:
- Ensure compliance to the contractual and business obligations
- Reduce the cost of ongoing delivery
- Improve service quality
- Control and reduce financial risk
- Manage risks in the Partnership