G-Cloud 9 is now available... but what is it?
What is G-Cloud and how does it help the Public Sector?
Share this post
G-Cloud 9 has just become available and we're proud to announce we've been accepted back onto the platform once again, both direct and in partnership with Bramble Hub.
But what is even is G-Cloud?
What is G-Cloud?
G-Cloud (RM1557) is defined by gov.uk as a 'framework that allows you to choose and purchase services covering infrastructure, platform, software and specialist cloud services. The difference between G-Cloud and other frameworks is that you do not purchase hardware or software licenses - instead you pay for services as you use them.'
The framework agreement can be used across all the UK's Public Sector - Central Government Departments and their Arm's Length Bodies and Agencies, Non-Departmental Public Bodies, NHS bodies, Local Authorities and devolved administrations.
The Digital Marketplace portal is used to select services and offers the public sector a cheaper, quicker and more transparent way to procure the services they need.
Why use G-Cloud?
With growing demands and the diversification of services, the public sector can now benefit from cloud services when they need them, rather than committing to complex and long-term solutions.
With the G-Cloud approach using the Digital Marketplace, public sectors can now:
- Encourage dynamic, responsive procurement and save time on a traditional Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) or Invitation to Tender - the open procurement for each of the G-Cloud frameworks has already been done.
- Easily compare and benchmark suppliers based on your desired characteristics and price with greater transparency.
- Avoid long, expensive and inflexible contracts – allowing buyers to change service providers easily, without lengthy procurement and implementation cycles.
- Achieve economies of scale with cross government projects using common commodity solutions to avoid duplication of services.
- Reduce costs through buying solutions as a service or based on usage, to meet your resource requirements.
G-cloud 9 is now replacing all other versions of the G-Cloud framework. It is the only place to source reliable cost effective IT and software solutions for the public sector.To see the InPhase listings on G-Cloud 9 in partnership with Bramble Hub, get to G-Cloud here: https://www.digitalmarketplace.service.gov.uk/g-cloud/search?q=inphase